Managed Security Service Partner
Managed Network Security is about more than anti-virus and signature detection. True network security is about the right tools and visibility. BoreSight has partnered with Vigilant Technology Solutions, our cyber security managed service partner, to offer CyberDNA, the best detection tool available, which combines passive sensors with a hands-on analyst team hunting for threats in your environment.
Vigilant Technologies Solutions provides a distributed network of passive security sensors that take a different approach to monitoring a customer’s infrastructure. The patent pending service is invisible to anyone trying to hack the network and has built in security features to prevent data leakage. It is easy to install, identifies and maps all devices (known and unknown) on the network, and works well with existing network and security infrastructure. Within minutes of turning on the service, the customer will have the most advanced detection tool on the market. The appliance is individually tailored for each customer’s needs, ensuring the best security for their network. The service goes beyond simply identifying threats on the network. Well trained, seasoned security analysts, with high security clearances are there to weed through false positives prior to notifying customers, and then partner with customers to remediate the threat. This service enables customers to have a Security Operations Center (SOC) on a 24 x 7 basis, at a fraction of the cost to have one internally.
What Is the Threat Landscape Our Customers Face?
- The average time to detect and resolve a cyber-attack without the assistance of this technology is 215 days
- Cyber threats rose 48% from 2013 to 2014
- The average cost of a cyber event in 2014 was between $3.5 – 8.6 million. If you are in the financial services sector, the average was $20.8 million per event; Tech Sector – $14.5 million per event; and $12.7 million per event for communications sector.
- Ransomware attacks (i.e. Cryptolocker, etc.) were up 113% in 2014
Why This Technology and Why a Managed Service?
Vigilant’s CyberDNA lowers detection time to minutes reducing overall impact, potential of data leakage and theft, and the overall time and cost for remediation. It is a proven technology that has detected malicious activity and malware, such as Cryptolocker, within minutes! CyberDNA has a track record of quickly identifying theft of credit card information and malware probing confidential banking and customer information.
Early detection has allowed the team of security analysts to contact customers quickly to stop theft and data loss. Security analysts are part of the service. They partner with customers to identify real threats and work with them to remediate those threats. These analysts come from Defense, Government and the Private Sector and are well-versed in security and technology and provide excellent customer service. They carry high-level security clearance. Many of the security analysts have worked with Fortune 100 companies, and some of them have been involved in building one of the largest security networks in the government sector as well as built and defended some of the largest networks in the world.
What Sets This Technology Apart from the Rest?
- BoreSight and Vigilant can manage new technology deployments and upgrades at local, national, and international levels
- CyberDNA is simple to setup. Average set up time is 15 minutes.
- It has virtually no noticeable impact to customers’ networks. The detection sensors are designed to monitor traffic at pure-line speed (does not degrade speed; no latency.)
- The patent-pending technology allows CyberDNA to remain invisible to your attackers; they’ll never know it is there.
- The self-healing technology provides added security in keeping any data on the server safe from theft or tampering. If the box is moved and/or attempted to be reverse engineered, it will lock and use high-level encryption to protect the data and automatically send an alert, which the security analyst will handle according to a pre-arranged protocol with the customer.
- Customers’ data never leaves the server, which is located on their network, which maintains integrity of the data.
- Security analysts pride themselves on excellent customer service. They can speak to the business or technical side and they know how to assist customers to maintain a chain of custody, if it is ever needed.
- They are able to pinpoint not only problems on your network, but the source they originated from.
- The technology can detect attacks that are unknown (zero-day attacks). CyberDNA™ has a 100% success rate of finding active threats on the customer network when it is installed at a customer site.
- Get your 5-day free trial
This Technology Can:
- Detect real-time threats both active and passive.
- Detect software versions on your workstations and servers that are out of date.
- Know when and where PII, such as social security numbers, medical data, and credit card numbers traverse your network.
- Know without a doubt when your company policies and regulatory requirements are not being met.
Managed Endpoint Protection:
- Device Control: Lets you monitor and restrict data copied to removable storage devices and media to keep it from leaving company control.
- Anti-Malware: Blocks viruses, Trojans, worms, adware, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs that steal confidential data and sabotage user productivity.
- Provides you with real-time status on compliance objectives and identify systems and users that need to be brought back into compliance.
- Multiplatform: Protects the full range of endpoints required by mobile and knowledge workers.
- Integrated Desktop firewall: Ensures that network-based attacks are prevented and only legitimate network traffic is allowed.
- Safe surf and search: Helps ensure compliance and reduce risk from web surfing by warning users about malicious websites before they visit and letting administrators authorize and block website access.
- Direct support from CyberDNA US-based Engineers
- Managed Threat Updates: AV signatures are created from CyberDNA’s vast intelligent real time network monitoring and combined with McAfee’s existing signatures to give you protection from new threats before other AV companies even know the threats exist.
- Single integrated management: Provides instant visibility into security status and events and direct access to management for unified control of all your security and compliance tools.
- Managed Update Services: Instant visibility into the security state and health of real-time actions help ensure that defenses are installed, running, correctly configured, and up to date.
Also Included at No Additional Charge:
- Real-time website usage tracking
- True bandwidth monitoring
- Real-time workstation and server software inventory tracking
- No hidden fees; straight forward pricing
How Are Threats Detected?
Where most detection tools use signature-based detection, CyberDNA technology uses the following methods, which allows detection of attacks and threats sooner and more thoroughly:
- Full Packet Capture Analysis
- Security analyst team of cyber experts monitoring every log
Both BoreSight and our partner, Vigilant Technologies Solutions, take pride in our excellent customer service and ensuring our customers are satisfied.
To learn more about our Cyber Security Managed Services, please contact us to schedule a call with a cyber security specialist or schedule a CyberDNA demo.